Topical Finasteride Liposomal Gel 2.5% before and after results!
written by Matt Dominance
I have been using topical finasteride gel 2.5% – (non FDA approved hair loss treatment), and applying daily (1ml) on my crown area and mid-scalp for almost 6 months from September 2019 – February 2020.
Before I share with you my results, let me list out some pros and cons of using the Liposomal Topical Finasteride:
- Liposomal delivery allows a high ability to penetrate the first skin layer and keep the active ingredients in the desired areas (depot effect with a slower and more sustained release of finasteride into the scalp)
- I have experienced significant decrease in rate of hair loss after 6 months
- No smearing or greasing the hair because it gets absorbed very quickly
- It doesn´t contain any Propylene Glycol or Alcohol which might cause skin irritations by some individuals or dry scalp
- High dosage of Finasteride active ingredient per 1ml. 25mg of Fiansteride active ingredient per 1 ml of liposomal gel can be considered rather high. 2.5% solution = equivalent of 25 mg of Finasteride active ingredient per 1ml (prescribed dose)
- Systemic absorption is not entirely excluded and there is no study which could confirm 0% plasma permeation of this liposomal finasteride gel either
- Some individuals on forums using this gel have mentioned side effects + long term accumulation of Finasteride in the system is likely even by very low systemic permeation of this liposomal gel
- High price. Monthly supply costs 45-50 Euro excl. shipping cost
- Short shelf life – 6 months
My Topical Finasteride Results: Month 0 – Month 5.5
Before starting with Topical Finasteride
- Thinning hair on my crown area and portion of my mid-scalp.
- I have never used Finasteride before (oral/topical), only Minoxidil
5.5 Months after using topical Finasteride (liposomal gel)
- Hair loss stabilization on my mid-scalp and crown
- Less hair fall on a daily basis
- Only slight hair thickening so far
- Some of my hairs started to look slightly darker on the crown area as a result of hair thickening
Does Topical Finasteride work?
Shortly, yes. It worked for me right from the start. During the first month of using it I already noticed reduced shedding compared to my usual shedding rate.
However, if you are a diffuse thinner like me and you need to apply topical finasteride on a large surface of your scalp, I recommend you to use a more liquid version of finasteride.
How to make an effective Topical Finasteride solution with Essengen-F and Stemoxydine
If you are interested, you can check out my next article where I explain exactly how to prepare your topical Finasteride solution using Essengen-F and Stemoxydine.
THINGS I WISH
Learn from my mistakes in this FREE eBook!
Updated in 2020!
Mattdominance.com is a participant in the Minoxidilmax Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to minoxidilmax.com
Mattdominance.com may earn commissions through other products listed on the site – always do your own due diligence before making a purchase. Always consult your doctor before starting any new hair loss routine.