Topical Finasteride Liposomal Gel 2.5% before and after results!
I have been using topical finasteride gel 2.5% – (non-FDA approved hair loss treatment), and applying daily (1ml) on my crown area and mid-scalp for almost 6 months from September 2019 – February 2020.
- Liposomal delivery allows a high ability to penetrate the first skin layer and keep the active ingredients in the desired areas (depot effect with a slower and more sustained release of finasteride into the scalp)
- I have experienced a significant decrease in the rate of hair loss after 6 months
- No smearing or greasing the hair because it gets absorbed very quickly
- It doesn´t contain any Propylene Glycol or Alcohol which might cause skin irritations by some individuals or dry scalp
- High dosage of Finasteride active ingredient per 1ml. 25mg of Finasteride active ingredient per 1 ml of liposomal gel can be considered rather high. 2.5% solution = equivalent of 25 mg of Finasteride active ingredient per 1ml (prescribed dose)
- Systemic absorption is not entirely excluded and there is no study which could confirm 0% plasma permeation of this liposomal finasteride gel either
- Some individuals on forums using this gel have mentioned side effects + long term accumulation of Finasteride in the system is likely even by very low systemic permeation of this liposomal gel
- High price. Monthly supply costs 45-50 Euro excl. shipping cost
- Short shelf life – 6 months
Topical Finasteride – My progress photos 0 – 5.5 months
Before starting with Topical Finasteride
- Thinning hair on my crown area and a portion of my mid-scalp.
- I have never used Finasteride before (oral/topical), only Minoxidil
5.5 Months after using topical Finasteride (liposomal gel)
- Hair loss stabilization on my mid-scalp and crown
- Less hair fall on a daily basis
- Only slight hair thickening so far
Design an effective Topical Finasteride solution with Essengen-F and Stemoxydine
If you are interested, you can check out my next article where I explain exactly how to prepare your topical Finasteride solution using Essengen-F and Stemoxydine.